Friday, December 5, 2008

Zhong Yu Yuan Wei Wanton Noodle


What makes a great wanton noodle? For Hong Mao at Joo Chiat, it is the special chilli. For Kok Kee at Lavender, it is the special sauce. But for Zhong Yu Yuan Wei at Tiong Bahru, it is the special char siew.

Even though I used to visit Tiong Bahru Market frequently, I only managed to try Zhong Yu Yuan Wei wanton noodle when I went there for lunch today.


I ordered a plate of wanton mee which cost $2.50. Somewhat similar to Kok Kee, the delicious noodles are topped with a sweet and savory sauce that enhances its flavour.

To the delight of char siew lovers, the well-marinated char siew is tasty, tender and exceptionally fleshy.

The outstanding char siew is certainly the highlight of Zhong Yu Yuan Wei wanton mee. Nowhere else in Singapore can you find a better grade char siew. Come and try it for yourself today.

7.5/10

Zhong Yu Yuan Wei Wanton Noodle
Tiong Bahru Market
Seng Poh Road #02-30
Singapore 168897

1 comment:

My Taste Heaven said...

I only tried once the wanton noodle while I was in Singapore. That one was from a food court near to Changi. Taste .... Not so good leh! Next time will try this one!

Google