Monday, December 17, 2007

Yuan Chun Famous Lor Mee


As its name suggests, Yuan Chun Famous Lor Mee is one of the famous lor mee in Singapore. Located on the second storey of Amoy Street Food Centre, this stall is well-known to have queues that are so long, it is almost impossible to have it during lunch time. My opportunity finally came when I went there on a Saturday afternoon at 2pm, a time when the queue was practically non-existent.

I ordered a bowl of $3 lor mee which comes with ngor hiang, braised meat and fried fish. The distinguishing factor of Yuan Chun lor mee lies in its mouthwatering gravy that gives every strand of noodle a thick coat of extraordinary flavour. I was initially disappointed when I found out that Yuan Chun lor mee does not come with chilli paste but I soon discovered why. The savory gravy complements the noodles so well, there is no need for any chilli paste.


Apart from the special gravy, the rest of the lor mee, including the ngor hiang, braised meat and fried fish, is sadly ordinary. The slices of ngor hiang are more plentiful than braised meat and fried fish, although I would prefer more of the latter two.

Nevertheless this is indeed one of the more tasty lor mee in Singapore. I would have rated it as the best if it had come with better ingredients eg shark meat nuggets.

7.5/10

Yuan Chun Famous Lor Mee
Amoy Street Food Centre
7 Maxwell Rd
#02-79/80 S(069111)
0830 to 1600
Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Near my office, but too lazy to queue for it during lunch.

Anonymous said...

This lor mee is over-rated. Expensive and too little ingredients. Rather have the lor mee at Tanjong Pagar Market.

drew said...

Pretty good lor mee, but try the one at the coffeeshop near Riverside walk apts.

Google