Thursday, December 13, 2007

River South (Hoe Nam) Prawn Noodles


As a prawn mee enthusiast, nothing makes my day more than a bowl of delicious prawn noodles with huge prawns. Of all the prawn mee I have recommended so far, I like Wah Kee Big Prawn Noodles best. None of the other prawn noodles has ever come close. Until I tried River South (Hoe Nam) Prawn Noodles today that I finally found another prawn mee that can match the impressive standards of Wah Kee.


I ordered a $5 bowl of prawn noodles with pork ribs. Unlike some famous prawn noodles which serve halved prawns with meat stuck onto their shells, Hoe Nam prawn mee comes with 3 large full prawns which are extremely fresh and succulent. There are also 3 large pieces of well-marinated pork ribs that are tender and tasty. The savory soup is concentrated with the rich essence of prawns and pork ribs, complementing the delicious noodles and accentuating its seafood flavour.

It was indeed a very satisfying experience eating Hoe Nam prawn mee. This is no doubt one of the best prawn noodles in Singapore. If you are a prawn mee lover too, do not miss this opportunity. Come down and try Hoe Nam prawn noodles today.

8/10

River South (Hoe Nam) Prawn Noodles
31 Tai Thong Crescent (Near Jackson Centre)
Singapore 347859
Tel: 62819293
6.30am to 4.30pm daily
Closed once a month on Mondays

2 comments:

drew said...

Great blog. How about the Noo Kee prawn noodles at Adam Road food center - personally my favorite although I havent eaten at the other places you listed.

kensongs said...

Hi Drew, thanks for your comments. No I haven't tried Noo Kee prawn noodles yet. Will try & review it soon. Do try Wah Kee big prawn noodles at Cambridge Road Food Centre. It's the best I've come across so far.

Google