Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sing Ho Hainan Chicken Rice


Short of Boon Tong Kee, Loy Kee and Sing Ho, I have tried and blogged on almost all the best Hainanese chicken rice in Singapore. Today I decided to try Sing Ho Hainan chicken rice located at Middle Road.


I ordered the $6.50 chicken rice set which comes with a plate of steamed white chicken, a plate of oyster sauce vegetables, a bowl of rice and a bowl of dumpling soup. Fragrant and flavorful, the golden yellow rice goes very well with the savory chilli sauce and tasty white steamed chicken. What is most impressive about the chicken rice set is the delicious dumpling soup with two delightfully large and fresh prawn dumplings.

Compared with the other Hainanese chicken rice, I still prefer Five Star and Sin Kee over Sing Ho. Nevertheless the fantastic prawn dumpling soup is the highlight of Sing Ho Hainanese chicken rice and will certainly keep customers coming back for more.

7/10

Sing Ho Hainan Chicken Rice
266 Middle Road Singapore 188991

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sing Ho had just expand by taking over the corner coffee shop near the Joo Chiat Soya Bean drink. I agreed with you that the food is tasty and the price definately reasonable. As you have not try Boon Tong Kee, I advise you to try the one along Balestier Road, as the rest of their branches are not so good. As for Loy Kee, I think you should go to the one at Whampoa Hawker Center, which offer cheap seafood steamboat, and their price are much more cheaper.

Hope my info help.

Google