Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Apollo Fresh Cockle Fried Kway Teow


Although I frequently patronise Marine Parade Food Centre for dinner, I have never eaten Apollo Fried Kway Teow for the past 5 years because I disliked its soggy consistency and its strong garlic odour. Nevertheless this stall continued to enjoy long queues which made me wonder if I have missed something great about this fried kway teow. Hence I decided to try it again today.


This time round, I was extremely impressed. A plate of fried kway teow which costs $3 is expertly fried to the right consistency and moisture with a distinctive charcoal fragrance. Sprinkled with generous servings of crispy pork lard, the flavorful kway teow is delightfully sweet and savory, every mouthful is simply irresistable. My only dissatisfaction is that there are too few fresh cockles which complement the fried kway teow really well.

No longer soggy with the unpleasant garlic odour, Apollo fried kway teow seems to have improved over the years. I have to admit that this is one of the best fried kway teow that I have eaten in Singapore for a long time.

8/10

Apollo Fresh Cockle Fried Kway Teow
Marine Parade Food Centre
#01-174
Closed on Tuesdays

1 comment:

Very Good Looking Wolf said...

Guys Guys Guys Whats up...Wrong la,,look at the color and the texture of the kway teow pic, true connoisseur will tell you now that is all so wrong,,, check out the one at golden mile 2nd floor or bedok blk 18,,the best of the 2 schools of cooking wet and dry...

Google