Wednesday, July 6, 2011

88 Mixed Vegetables Curry Rice


Located inside an inconspicuous Kopitiam in Kovan, just beside Eddy Western Delights which I frequently patronize, I did not have a lasting impression of 88 mixed vegetables rice when I first tried it some years back. Nevertheless when I had the craving for vegetables and curry last week, I decided to try it again and this time, I was very impressed.


A plate of plain rice with fried beansprouts, cabbage and curry chicken drumstick cost only $3.50. Concentrated with the delightful sweetness of coconut milk and the subtle aroma of spices, the curry gravy is extremely thick and savory. The fried beansprouts and cabbage are juicy and tasty and the chicken drumstick is huge and fleshy.

What I enjoyed most about 88 mixed vegetables curry rice is the traditional home-cooked flavour of the dishes which is missing in most economic rice in Singapore.

7.5/10

88 Curry Fish Head
Kopitiam
Blk 210 Hougang St 21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the curry looks delicious.

keep up the good work! i love this blog, and how you keep it simple and focused on the hawker foods, instead of being a giant sponsored ad for the fancy restaurants!

Google