Tuesday, March 18, 2008

No 18 Zion Road Fried Kway Teow


Highly acclaimed with several prestigious food awards eg Makansutra, Singapore Best Food Online Directory etc, Zion Road Fried Kway Teow is certainly no stranger to char kway teow fans. Having waited in the queue for 20 minutes, I couldn't help thinking, "This better be the best fried kway teow in Singapore."


I ordered a plate of $4 fried kway teow which comes in a reasonably satisfactory portion. Well-sprinkled with abundant servings of crunchy pork lard, the mouthwatering kway teow is splendidly fried with the irresistable flavours of sweet sauce and chilli. The juicy cockles and fresh sausage slices complement the delicious kway teow very well.

Having tried Zion Road Fried Kway Teow with so much anticipation, I must admit that it failed to meet my expectations. Although I relish my char kway teow with pork lard, I feel that Zion Road's came with too many pieces of pork lard which disrupt the smooth consistency of the kway teow. And the long waiting time makes it even more unworthy to try it again. Nevertheless this fried kway teow has its own supporters as evident from its multiple awards and long queues.

7/10

No 18 Zion Road Fried Kway Teow
Zion Riverside Food Centre
Stall No 17
Opening hours 7 to 11pm
Closed on Sundays

No comments:

Google