Friday, September 12, 2008

Zhen Zhen Porridge


A friend once told me that Zhen Zhen Porridge at Maxwell Food Centre is the best that she has tasted in Singapore. When I went there and queued for half an hour, I thought to myself that she better be right.


A bowl of mixed porridge with egg, chicken, fish and century egg costs only $3. Well-cooked to a paste-like consistency where the grains are indistinguishable, the mouthwatering porridge is sprinkled with chye poh, spring onions, fried shallots and sesame seeds to further enhance its flavour. The most impressive feature of Zhen Zhen porridge is its generous servings of ingredients. There is so much fish, chicken and century egg to satisfy the appetite of any porridge lover.

Although I am not an avid porridge lover, I still feel that Zhen Zhen is the best porridge in Singapore. Come down to Maxwell Food Centre and try it today.

8/10

Zhen Zhen Porridge
Maxwell Road Food Centre
#01-54
Closed on Tuesdays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried it once and felt that the porridge contained a lot of MSG

Google