Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tian Tian Dao Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle


Recently I found out about two neighborhood fried hokkien mee stalls with similar names: Tian Tian Dao at Ang Mo Kio and Tian Tian Lai at Toa Payoh. I decided to start by trying Tian Tian Dao first.

Open only after 3pm, this stall is well-known for its long queues during dinner time. When I was there at 6pm, I was lucky to find no queue but soon as I placed my order, the queue started forming.


A plate of Tian Tian Dao fried hokkien prawn noodle which costs $3, is served with prawns, sotong and fatty meat. The noodles are well-fried with a delightful charred aroma and topped with sambal belacan chilli.

Overall Tian Tian Dao impresses with its special sambal belacan that is extremely spicy and savory. It is one of the more delicious neighborhood fried hokkien mee that is certainly worth trying.

7/10

Tian Tian Dao Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle
Chong Boon Market & Food Centre
Blk 453A
Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 #01-219
Singapore 561453

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried it not worth it. It's ridiculously expensive and tasteless

Anonymous said...

I love this dish so I tried at this particular stall. He is charging $5 for a plate which you can get at $3 any else where. On top of that you can get much better standard than this . It will be my one and only time and last time. He also charges you extra for half teaspoon of chlli.

Anonymous said...

Not worth it ridicu;ously expensive

Anonymous said...

I eat this since my childhood days. It still remain as my fav. It's chilli is power!! Thumbs up!!

Google