Sunday, October 21, 2007

Koung's Wanton Mee


Koung's Wanton Mee is recommended by a friend who lives near Tembeling Road and finds this much better than Hong Mao Wanton Mee. For a wanton noodle enthusiast like me, this is great news and I just can't wait to try it for myself.


I went there for dinner and although it was only 5.45pm, the place was already quite crowded. I ordered the $3.50 version which comes with extra noodles. When I took my first bite of those noodles, I finally understood why it is so greatly publicised by the media. The magic of Koung's wanton mee lies in its impressive noodles which are exceptionally tasty. Smooth and springy in consistency, these noodles have a distinct egg fragrance that distinguishes it from other wanton noodles. The unique chilli sauce blends very well with the noodles, giving every strand a sweet and spicy flavour. The char siew is fresh and tender and the dumplings are simply delicious.

Overall, Koung's Wanton Mee is definitely one of the best wanton noodles in Singapore. But in comparison with Hong Mao Wanton Mee, I have to disagree with my friend as I personally feel Hong Mao is much better.

7.5/10

Koung's Wanton Mee
Geylang Road
No 1 Lor 13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, haven't tried this wanton mee before. But looks yummy. Will try it soon...

Anonymous said...

I think it's over-rated

Anonymous said...

Hi kensongs, I went to Koung's for dinner with my husband yesterday. The char siew is fantastic but the chilli, noodles, wanton & soup are ordinary. Prefer Hao Mao too...

jillz said...

Koung's Wantan Mee has open it's outlet at Blk 136 Bedok North ave 3, 333 Coffeeshop. (Open from 10am - 8pm Daily, Mon Off)

Google