Friday, October 26, 2007

Geylang Lorong 9 Beef Kway Teow


If there is one word that can best describe my euphoric experience of eating Geylang Lorong 9 Beef Kway Teow, it will be HEAVENLY. Although I did not have a lasting impression when I tasted it more than 10 years ago, I decided to try it a second time after I read the recommendations on local food blogs and forums. And this time round, I was so impressed by its excellent quality, I have to declare it as the BEST BEEF HOR FUN in Singapore.

Wait a second, let me clarify before my readers get confused. Although the prominent signboard reads Geylang Lor 9 Beef Kway Teow, this famous restaurant actually sells beef hor fun. Sometimes the terms beef hor fun and beef kway teow are used interchangeably but they can also refer to different dishes. Beef hor fun refers to hor fun fried with beef whereas beef kway teow refers to the kway teow version of beef noodles.


I ordered a plate of sumptuous beef hor fun which costs $5. The tasty hor fun is so thoroughly and expertly fried with a distinctive charcoal aroma and an unforgettable soya sauce taste. The mouthwatering gravy is absolutely flavorful with fiery essence of bean paste, black pepper and chilli and complements the hor fun perfectly well. The appetizing beef is well-marinated and exceptionally tender.

This hor fun is so fantastic that I finished the whole plate before I knew it and still longed for more. So to all beef lovers out there, don't miss THE BEST BEEF HOR FUN IN SINGAPORE if you haven't tried this. Come down to Geylang Lorong 9 Beef Kway Teow today.

9/10

Geylang Lor 9 Beef Kway Teow
237 Geylang Lor 9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks absolutely yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi, have u tried the beef horfun opposite Thomson Medical Centre? I think it is better than Geylang's...

Unknown said...

There have open another branch with collaboration with Mongkok and its in 197 East Coast Road, singapore 428910. Tel: 63444944

Just opposite the Katong Holy Family Church between Five Star Chicken rice and the bus stop.

Google