Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Jian Bo Shui Kueh


Chwee kueh is a local breakfast snack of steamed rice cake topped with diced preserved radish (chye poh). Although it is commonly found in coffee shops all over the island, the best still comes from Jian Bo Shui Kueh in Tiong Bahru Market.


For only $1, you get 4 chwee kueh sprinkled with generous servings of chye poh. What is extraordinary about this chwee kueh is its soft yet firm consistency, its super smooth texture and its distinctive rice flavour that makes it so delicious, it can be eaten even on its own. The sweet and salty chye poh, with the fragrance of sesame seeds, further enhances the flavour of Jian Bo chwee kueh, making it the most outstanding in Singapore.

I have to admit that I am not a fan of chwee kueh but after trying Jian Bo's, I was truly impressed. Come down to Tiong Bahru and try it for yourself.

8/10

Jian Bo Shui Kueh
Tiong Bahru Market
#02-05

2 comments:

Sen said...

This Shui Kueh is really nice, the chili and the chai bu really one of a kind. 4.5/5, must try.

Eunice said...

I am from Malaysia. But each and everytime I visit my aunt in Singapore, I just have to eat Jian Bo Chwee Kueh. It's my love!! Nice is an understatement!

Google