Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mei Xiang Black & White Fish Soup


When I tasted the best fish soup that I ever had in my life, the first thought that came to my mind was to buy it back for my family. Unfortunately the sign in front of the stall read "Dine in only". It didn't take me long to figure out why. With an extraordinary fish soup like this, this stall can certainly afford to set its eccentric rules eg open at 10.12am, $0.30 for extra chilli, only mixed black and white fish soup etc and still keep its customers coming back for more.

Mei Xiang black & white fish soup comes in two sets: $7 for big and $5 for small, inclusive of rice and chilli. In case you wonder why this fish soup is so expensive, let me assure you that the amount of fish you find inside is worth every dollar you spend, if not more.



The fresh slices of "white" fish are remarkably thick and fleshy while the generous chunks of battered "black" fish are delightfully fragrant and flavorful. Filled with the concentrated sweetness of fish and spices, the mouthwatering soup is so irresistable that I could hardly stop drinking after having my first spoonful.

Undoubtedly the best fish soup in Singapore, Mei Xiang certainly lives up to every bit of its reputation. If you are looking for a special fish soup that will blow you off your feet, you must not miss Mei Xiang at Jalan Berseh Food Centre.

8.5/10

Mei Xiang Black & White Fish Soup
Jalan Berseh Food Centre
#02-44
166 Jalan Besar
S208877
Closed on weekends & public holidays

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

real good stuff

Google