Thursday, December 16, 2010

Liang Zhao Ji Duck Rice


Located beside the famous Hoover Rojak in Whampoa Food Centre, Liang Zhao Ji also has its queue of customers waiting to have braised duck rice for lunch.


I ordered a plate of duck rice which costs $3. Expecting the dark-colored rice to be the traditional yam rice served in some braised duck stalls, I was slightly disappointed to find out that it was just white rice thoroughly coated with braised gravy. Nevertheless the rice was soft and savory. I enjoyed the delicious braised duck which was fleshy and tasty. The chilli paste, which was spicy mixed with a sourish tinge, didn't leave much of an impression.

Although nowhere near the best of the braised duck rice that I have tasted, Liang Zhao Ji certainly has its fair share of fans who feel otherwise. Perhaps I should have tried its duck porridge instead.

6.5/10

Liang Zhao Ji Duck Rice
Whampoa Food Centre
Blk 90 Whampoa Drive
#01-07

No comments:

Google