Sunday, December 23, 2007

Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice


When I was younger, I used to go down to East Coast for supper. And more often than not, I would have Five Star Hainanese chicken rice as it was one of the few stalls that were open until late at night. I still remembered the exceptionally fragrant rice, extraordinarily spicy chilli and extremely tasty chicken. In my mind, this was no doubt the best chicken rice in Singapore.

When I went there for dinner today, I had very high expectations of Five Star chicken rice. I ordered a chicken drumstick and a plate of rice which cost $4.60.


Remarkably chewy in consistency, the impressive rice is well-cooked in irresistable chicken broth, every grain is coated with a layer of savory essence and delightful aroma. The distinctive chilli sauce is unbelievably spicy, scorching the taste buds gently as it combusts within the mouth, leaving a sensational aftertaste that lingers for hours. Fresh and tender, the delicious steamed chicken is especially fleshy and flavorful, much to the delight of chicken lovers.

It was indeed a very sumptuous and satisfying dinner. To all chicken rice enthusiasts out there, please do not miss the opportunity to try Singapore's best chicken rice. Come down to East Coast today.

8.5/10

Five Star Hainanese Chicken Rice
191 East Coast Road

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hav u tried Boon Tong Kee chicken rice? I think it's better than Five Star.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for recommending Five Star... its chilli is unbeatable...

kensongs said...

Hi roberts, no I haven't tried Boon Tong Kee. Thanks for your recommendations.

Anonymous said...

After having tried 100s of Chicken Rice stalls and restaurants, I can safely say that the Chicken Rice and Garlic Kailan at YET CON, Purvis Street, beats the other hands down!
Have you tried that one yet?

kensongs said...

Dear AN, thanks for your recommendation. I went to Yet Con for dinner tonight. Will blog about it soon.

Google