Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blanco Court Fish Soup


Many foodies in Singapore have been searching for the original Blanco Court fish soup that was previously located at Blanco Court Food Centre but failed. I thought I found the answer when I saw a long queue in front of this stall along Beach Road but I was sadly mistaken.


I ordered a bowl of Blanco Court mixed fish soup and plain rice which cost $5.50 in total. Topped with spinach and fried egg, the tasty soup is served with numerous pieces of battered fried fish and thick slices of fresh fish. I was however disappointed that the flavours of the fish, evaporated milk and spinach somehow fail to blend with one another in the soup. Moreover, I felt that the fried egg could have been fresher and the chilli sauce less mediocre.

Looking at the long queues during lunch time despite its higher prices, I guess many will disagree with me that this Blanco Court fish soup is a far cry from the original. Come down to Beach Road and try it for yourself.

7/10

Blanco Court Sliced Fish Bee Hoon
Luk Lu Eating House
341 Beach Road
Closed on Sundays

2 comments:

tim Soh said...

You can try the duck rice at the same coffeeshop. :D

Christina Kim said...

It's disappointing when you crave for something and get something less satisfying than the original.
From your description, it really did not sound that appetizing either...

Google