Sunday, January 17, 2010

House Of Tau Sar Piah


Having featured Loong Fatt as the most well-known tau sar piah in Singapore, I feel compelled to blog about House Of Tau Sar Piah in Balestier because I like the tau sar piah from the latter better.

As taste is often subjective, I shall first share some objective differences between the two.
1. Loong Fatt's tau sar piah costs $0.70 whereas House's costs $0.50 (sweet) or $0.60 (salty).
2. Loong Fatt is closed on Sundays but House is open.
3. Loong Fatt's tau sar piah is non-vegetarian whereas House's is made using pure vegetable oil hence suitable for vegetarians.


Now I shall share the subjective differences. Served in a smaller portion than Loong Fatt's, House's tau sar piah is just sufficient for a light snack. The fragrant crust is less thick and more robust and goes very well with the red bean filling which is soft and flavorful.

Just as I prefer Leung Sang's egg tarts to the famous Tong Heng's, I feel that House's tau sar piah tastes much better than Loong Fatt's. Come down to Balestier and try both to decide for yourself.

7.5/10

House Of Tau Sar Piah
529 Balestier Road

No comments:

Google